All our projects are aimed at uplifting the community and implementing change.
We work on the basis of accountability, based on attendance and participation in group sessions.
Early Childhood Development (ECD)
Our ECD program offers mothers and caregivers of young children the opportunity to enhance their child’s development through play and stimulating learning activities.
At the ECD Centre in Market Street we have:
- Weekly classes to assist parents in caring for their babies and toddlers on a physical, emotional and financial level.
- Mothers are guided in their pregnancies and in the care of their new born babies.
- Education on topics such as parenthood, hygiene, healthy feeding for their babies, family planning and birth control.
Occupational & Speech Therapy
This therapy is often life changing!
- We accesses all the children in our ECD project to check that their physical and mental abilities are age appropriate.
- If a problem is identified we work with the child and the parent on a weekly basis at our ECD in Market Street.
Booysens Beertjies Play School
We support Booysens Beertjies Play School, taking care of our toddlers from ages 3 -5 years. This facility helps working mothers during the day and also supplies one healthy meal a day to all little students.
After School Care Facilities
We have three After School Care facilities for pupils attending the surrounding schools.
- We provide a healthy meal and assistance with home work.
- Our after school care facilities are situated at Genl. Nic Smit Primary School, Booysens Beertjies Play School and at our Community Centre.
- Our trained staff can identify learning problems as well as social or economical need.
- It is often here where we are able to build a relationship with the child and can offer assistance to families in need.
At our After School Care facility for secondary school pupils we provide assistance with homework, tests and exam preparations.
- We aim to identify pupils with potential for further studies or provide tutoring.
- Emotional and economic support is given when needed to assist a child to complete their school career.
Most of the children in our groups come from poor socio – economic circumstances. They are often not accustomed to regular meals, beds or a carefree lifestyle.
- The therapeutic camps equip the children to handle the difficult situations they may face at home.
- At the holiday camps, we have fun and treat the children in a safe and loving environment. We also have the opportunity to work with them spiritually and invest in their lives.
Peak Pals Project
This project is now running for more than a decade and is one of our great success stories. Ladies from the community were taught to make the peaks. The peaks are sold at markets and leading Golf shops countrywide.
Over the years it has developed into an independent running project.
You can order a specific colour or brand, for enquiries or orders contact Riana Karemaker on 082 772 5533.
GIGGLES Ladies Group
GIGGLES stands for Girls In God: Growing, Loving, Eating, Sharing. This group is an active group of younger ladies that meet on Wednesdays. They do Bible study, improve their parental skills, do numerous skills development programs and even grow their own vegetables at the ECD in Market Street. We assist in their social and economic needs.
Agapé Ladies Group
Agapé meets every Wednesday and in this group we offer skills development and spiritual growth programs. We can spoil and care for our more mature ladies and also assist in the transformations and life changing events they go through.
By building strong relationships, we can assist in their social, emotional and economic problems.
Man Alive Group
This is a Bible study for men, but the entire family is welcome. We help with social, spiritual and economic needs. We also provide our group members with clothes and basic toiletries.
Spiritual guidance and emotional counselling is available on an individual basis.
Group members are assisted on an individual basis with CV’s, job applications and clothing for job interviews.
Hand knitted items, such as blankets, bathmats, washcloths and baby clothes are made by these ladies who have great talent. Order can be customised.
Contact Hester at firstname.lastname@example.org for orders.
Counselling and Therapy
Community members are assisted by our three social workers, two therapists, a registered counsellor and a spiritual councillor to address the various interpersonal and socio-emotional needs.
Skills Development & Bursary Fund
We work with organisations such as Sol-Tech and Aros to assist with further education and skills development. We assist in applying for bursaries through private individuals, as well as companies such as Helpende Hand and Atterbury Trust.
We collect donations (within the Pretoria area), deliver biscuit orders and provide much needed transportation to and from our groups and camps.
ELEOS Cookie Project
We are very proud of our freshly baked biscuits from the Eleos Kitchen at the Community Centre in Wilhelm Street. These are made by ladies from the community and sold to companies and individuals.
Contact Amalie 074 759 0316 | 012 379 5344 for orders or email : email@example.com